Wednesday 9 October 2013

IPE- International Print Exchange - Green Door Printmaking Studio


My edition of 10 prints ready to send to the UK. Drypoint on shaped plate.
I wanted to create a small piece of NZ to send out into the world
hence the Pohutukawa flower/ leaf. 


As a result of a link that printmaker Aine Scannell shared on G+ I set myself the challenge of taking part in Green Door Printmaking Studio's International Print Exchange this year. It was a challenge for me because I am relatively new to printmaking, I had never completed a full edition of prints and, as there were some fairly strict requirements, I felt it would be a good exercise to jump start my printmaking practice. 

(Well, it worked! I've just had my first group print exhibition, have another print in a national NZ printmaking exhibition and next year is filling up with exhibition bookings.)

The prints were due to arrive in the UK by the end of August and we received our exchanged prints just a couple of weeks later, beautifully packaged and presented. 


The package arrived beautifully presented: screen printed box,  sealed with a sticker,
inside: a little badge, a personalised booklet (containing info about our exchanged
prints and where our prints went, a list of all the artist who took part
and information about which print processes were used), and the prints were
in a printed envelope, wrapped in acid free tissue (provided by each artist.)
A record of the prints I received. Prints came from Taiwan, UK and USA.


Clock-wise from top left: "Urban Landscape" by Hyun-Jin Kim, Taiwan;
"Fungi" by Chrissy Stangroom, UK; "Jordan" by Nancy Power, UK; "Happy Tails" by Benjamin Gross, USA.



Clock-wise from top left: "Elephants Dream" by Harriet Brigdale, UK;
"Mr Goose & his friends" by Kirsty Taylor, UK;
"Complicated Shadows" by Diane Sandall, USA;
"Dream Ride" by Eleonora Amici, UK.
These are the artists who received my prints, in the UK, USA and Australia.


Although it cost a bit to put it all together and post from the opposite side of the world, receiving the beautiful prints and seeing my print on-line in the exhibition (on the other side of the world), it was so worth it.


The print exhibition. (That's my print, second from the right on the bottom row.)

Thank you Green Door Studio!!

Exhibition Poster












4 comments:

  1. Me parece fantástico!!! También quisera participar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias Loreto! Yes, do participate, it was so well organised and so exciting getting the prints back in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have applied to participate this year, so really great to see earlier work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! It was a great experience to take part. There are so many print exchanges going on all around the world but I would totally recommend this one for how well organised and beautifully presented it is. Have fun!

      Delete

I love to hear your feedback or comments. Thanks for visiting! Please remember to credit tonihartillart.blogspot.com when sharing or using any of my images or information.